We are on the hunt for a reliable all-rounder to join our Katherine Outback Experience team!
We are a small family owned and operated Aussie business trying to kick goals and have fun along the way! At our site in Katherine, Northern Territory we operate the following:
- Katherine Outback Experience: A 90 minute tourism show that showcases life on Australian cattle stations through real horse and dog training demonstrations and live music performances
- Riverboyne Horsebreaking & Training: Tom is a professional horse-breaker so while we are not running shows, he’s busy breaking and training horses for clients
- Riverboyne Performance Horses: We breed, train and prepare horses for competition and sale
- Riverboyne Working Dogs: We breed, train and sell cattle and sheep dogs (that means super cute puppies!)
All our Riverboyne animals are used in our Katherine Outback Experience shows. Shows are daily Monday to Friday and some Saturdays and Sundays.
We also host some music under the stars events, attracting nationally acclaimed touring artists to perform!
Job Description – Pastoral Award 2010
We are hoping to find someone who is reliable, willing to learn and has good communication skills.
We are looking for someone who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty but can also assist with some domestic roles. You will be working closely with both Tom and Annabel, assisting with a variety of jobs including (but not limited to):
- Feeding and watering horses, dogs and other farm animals
- Preparing animals for shows
- Setting-up for, and packing-up after shows
- Gardening, mowing lawns and general grounds maintenance
- Cleaning of communal areas
- Assisting Tom with training horses and dogs (pending experience level)
- Liaising with guests to our shows
- Assisting with food preparation
You don’t have to be experienced with handling horses, however you will be required to work with and/or around large animals.
There will be times we require your assistance on weekends when we have shows, or when we are away to ensure animals are always fed and watered. Working hours are not a standard 8am to 5pm. Staff must be flexible to work around show times and animals.
We are willing to offer accommodation and keep as part of the employment contract. We are also registered for the Backpacker Tax and are flexible in our approach to the employment terms to ensure the work meets the ‘Farm Work’ requirements if necessary.
- Must be reliable and flexible
- Must be able to work in a team
- Must present neat and tidy
- We would prefer someone with their own vehicle as we are located 7kms from the Katherine Town Centre
- Preferred minimum employment of 3 months, up to early November 2017
- Commence around 1 April however we are willing to wait for the ‘right’ person for the job
There is no age limit. You might be a backpacker looking for ‘Farm Work’, fresh out of school looking for an adventure in your gap year, or a grey nomad looking for some work over the Dry Season.
- Tell us something interesting and exciting about yourself – something you could bring to the Katherine Outback Experience Team! You might be an accountant, or perhaps a chef (our last employee was a chef and artist and we loved her), you might have marketing experience, play an instrument or can sing, ride horses or maybe you are super savvy with computers, you can paint houses or be good at welding! Let us know your talent – get us excited to have you on our team!
- Please include an Australian based reference if possible
- Advise how long you intend to be based in Katherine and when you are available to commence work
- Advise if you are seeking ‘Farm Work’ for your 2nd Year Visa
- Please provide a contact phone number and your current location
- Please send your resume to Annabel McLarty at [email protected]
- Applications close Tuesday 28 March 2017 5pm EST.
*Please note we will have limited phone and email service over the coming week due to being on the road. Email will be the easiest form of contact.