The Stockman’s Experience
Have you ever wondered what life is like working on a remote cattle station?
Experience life as a stockman or stockwoman in the Australian Outback with our ‘Stockman’s Experience’ that takes you behind the scenes, learning how wild horses are tamed and working dogs are trained to roundup cattle.
October - April | 1.5 hr Experience
Katherine Outback Experience is now offering exclusive behind the scenes Stockman’s Workshops where guests get a hands-on experience of what it takes to be a stockman or stockwoman on an Australian cattle station.
This immersive workshop includes exclusive experiences such as:
- Behind the scenes access to the farm including feeding of the animals.
- Working dog training session where guests are shown how to train the working dogs to roundup cattle or goats before being allocated a working dog to train themselves.
- Horse starting and training demonstration using a young wild horse.
- Time to hold some baby farm animals and chat with our team
- This experience is ideal for smaller groups or where an Outback Show is not available
This is a very interactive experience with the station animals.
As an operating farm, guests can expect to get a little dusty!
Closed-in shoes essential for those wishing to working with the horses