Round 2 opens Monday 2 November 2020 at 8:00pm! Take note as there are some changes to the process, cash-backs and timeframes!
The Booking Process
- Plan your holiday on one of the Visitor Information Centre websites, whilst you await the opening of Tourism Voucher registrations. We have created a bunch of Packages for couples and families. Learn more here.
- From 2 November at 8pm register for your Tourism Voucher (to be released in a staggered daily approach from 4 November) at www.territoryvoucher.nt.gov.au
- Once you receive your voucher code via email, make your booking at a local Visitor Information Centre (in person or online) within 14 days (travel to be completed by 31 January 2021). Vouchers are valid for up to $200 based on a $1 for $1 investment. i.e. If your booing comes to $400 or more, your voucher will account for $200 and you will need to pay the difference ($200+). If your booking comes to $200, your voucher will account for $100 and you will need to put in $100.
- Apply for your ‘optional’ bonus reimbursement claim (up to an additional $200 based on a $1 for $1 investment) for booking a travel experience 400kms from your place of residence. This step must be completed within 7 days of receiving your booking confirmation. This can be done at www.territoryvoucher.nt.gov.au/claim-my-bonus.
- Bonus claim reimbursements will be made to you by the NT Government after completion of travel, proof of travel may be required.
Important Dates and Timeframes
- Vouchers open from 2 November at 8pm rand will be released in a staggered daily approach from 4 November
- Travel must be booked within 14 days of receiving your code
- The optional bonus $200 for travel of 400km+ must be applied for within 7 days of receiving the booking confirmation.
- Bonus claim reimbursements will be made after completion of travel.
The Fine Print
The following summary explains the voucher parameters:
- In Round 2, vouchers will be valid for 14 days from issue of voucher (not 30 days like Round 1).
- Vouchers can be used on multiple tourism experiences but only if they are booked in the one transaction. Any unused funds will be returned to the funding pool for Territorians on the waitlist.
- 50% of the booking value up to a maximum of $200 (regardless of distance travelled) will be applied on check out when payment is made.
- A bonus claim of up to $200 will be available via reimbursement, for travel over 400kms from place of residence (based upon proof of ID), to each bookable tour or activity (not including the trip home) as part of one sequential trip.
- Calculated from the total spend, bonus claims can be up to $200 on a $1 for $1 basis, and are in addition to the original discount.
400km Bonus Claim of $200
- The bonus claim must be made using the same submission details as those shown on the original tourism voucher. If the submission details do not match up, eligibility will be void.
- To be eligible for the bonus reimbursement, the 400km parameters will measure the distance, using Google Maps, from your place of residence (based upon proof of ID) to each bookable product along your journey, but only if they are undertaken as part of one sequential trip. This distance measure does not include the journey home.
- The bonus claim must be lodged within
7 days of the booking confirmation at www.territoryvoucher.nt.gov.au/claim-my-bonus if not received within this time, eligibility will. be void.
- Receipts must be maintained as evidence for the reimbursement claim.
- All bonus claim applications should be lodged at www.territoryvoucher.nt.gov.au/claim-my-bonus and must include:
- First name
- Last name
- Booking number/confirmation
- Voucher number
- Proof of residence i.e. driver licence, proof of age or a recent utility bill
- Booking confirmation i.e. receipt/ itinerary
- Email address
- Phone number
- Bank details (only the person whose name the voucher is in can apply)
- The bonus claim will be paid post travel if the application is made within 7 days of the original booking confirmation. Importantly, no application for the ‘bonus’ will be considered outside this timeframe.
- The bonus claim will be calculated based on the original booking amount i.e. if a booking is made for $600 and the 400kms parameters are met, you will be eligible for a discount of $300 ($1: $1) with $200 discounted automatically at time of purchase and a bonus $100 rebated after travel has been completed.
- Tourism NT will make a final decision as to whether all criteria has been met, and that decision is final.
Further advice regarding the 400kms or more (by road or air) is calculated based on the following criteria:
- The total number of kms of your journey from your place of residnece (based upon proof of ID), to the final tourism product on your itinerary, measuring the distance to each tourism product on your journey.
- Your journey to each tourism product must be sequential (i.e. you may not return home in between each booking).
- The distance between each tourism product will be measured using the Google Maps tool.
- Your journey home from the last tourism product will not be included in the distance calculation.
You are based in Darwin. You book two nights’ accommodation in Kakadu and two nights’ accommodation in Katherine. If these bookings are sequential (i.e. you drive from Darwin, to Kakadu to Katherine); you have travelled in excess of 400kms by road and will be eligible for the bonus claim.
If you create an itinerary with bookings for two weekends but travel back to your residence in between, it will be considered two separate trips. Each trip would need to be reviewed separately for eligibility for a bonus claim.
Time to Start Planning!
To make it easier, we have done the hard work for you and created a whole bunch of packages for couples, friends, families and even those travelling 400km from Darwin!