We are excited to be hosting our first Live Music Event for 2020 with Golden Guitar winner Matt Scullion, ARIA Chart topping artist Allison Forbes and our very own multiple Golden Guitar winner Tom Curtain who hasn’t performed in the NT since last November!
These nights have become a highlight for locals as they kickback under the stars enjoying live acoustic music performed by nationally acclaimed artists together with stories that inspired the songs.
Local legends Mental Mates will have the BBQs cooking and will be serving up the goods.
Matt Scullion is an Australiana singer/songwriter and is known in the industry as the songwriter to the stars having written songs for Lee and Tania Kernaghan, Sara Storer, Adam Harvey, Cold Chisel and Travis Collins to name a few. Twenty of those songs have gone to No. 1 on the country music charts.
Songwriting has always been a passion of Matts and when he heard “Our Backyard” announced as the winner of Song Of The Year at the 2018 Golden Guitar awards in Tamworth, he literally floated from his chair to the stage to rapturous applause. Matt joined co-writers Travis Collins and Amber Lawrence in an acceptance speech, one he had been rehearsing all his life. It was the 7th time he had been nominated but his first win.
Originally hailing from the NSW South Coast, Matt has spent most of his musical life on the road. From Ulladulla to Darwin and from Newcastle to Nashville, Matt’s definitely earn’t his stripes as a performer and is excited to once again be out on tour promoting his new 10 track album also called Aussie As.
From Matt’s show you can expect a mix of classic Australian covers mixed in with his own songs about this beautiful country and the characters that live in it.
ARIA No. 1 charting singer-songwriter, Allison Forbes grew up on the outskirts of Tamworth with the Country Music Festival significant in her life.
Allison expresses warm but edgy vocals thrown onto a classic country pillow with a dash of bluegrass on the side. Heartfelt, emotive lyrics in a unique country folk style. Allison has well and truly found her calling – to change the face of Country Music.
In November 2019 he released his fourth album ‘We’re Still Here’ that debuted No.1 on the Australian iTunes Country Music Charts. The first two singles released, We’re Still Here and She Gave Us The Song, have both been Chart Toppers. She Gave Us The Song was chosen as the closing song of the 2020 Tamworth County Music Golden Guitar Awards, performed with Australian Country Music Royalty Troy Cassar-Daley, Lee Kernaghan, Sara Storer and Lyn Bowtell. Tom considers this a career highlight, together with winner two Golden Guitars for his 2017 hit Never Never Land.
Tom’s 2019/20 ‘We’re Still Here Tour’ came to an end in March due to COVID-19. Tom had planned to finish the Tour in the Northern Territory in May 2019. This will be Tom’s first music performance since March.
- When: Saturday 8 August 2019 | 7:00 – 9:30pm | Gates open 6:30pm
- Where: Katherine Outback Experience | 115 Collins Road, Uralla NT 0850
- Cost: Adults: $25 | Students 6-17yr: $15 | Kids 5yr&U: Free
- BYO: Chairs, picnic blankets, drinks, alcohol and nibbles
- KOE will have some seating available.
- Soft drinks and a sausage sizzle will be available to purchase on the night.
- Tickets limited by COVID19 restrictions. Tickets must be purchased online.
COVID 19 SAFTEY MEASURES
We are taking COVID 19 very seriously which is why we have implemented a number of safety measures including:
- Online sale of tickets for Contact Tracing and contactless transactions
- Limited numbers to ensure 1.5m is maintained between social cohorts
- Outdoor event
- BYO chairs, food and drinks
- Increased hand sanitiser stations
- Guests encouraged to take their own rubbish
- Increased signage to encourage regular and correct hand-washing
- Encouraging contactless transactions for food/ merchandise.
- Increased cleaning of common contact surfaces and the toilet block.
We request guests attending the Event abide by this new way of life. If anyone has had flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days, please do not attend.
Our business has been inspected and we have received a Statement of Commitment from the NT Government Department of Health.
We hope you can make it!